Live knowledge puzzle is being solved!
“Acquiring knowledge is courage, multiplying it is wisdom,
but the skillful application of knowledge is art”
Our company’s knowledge was enriched with invaluable experience and learned lessons again thanks to the participants of the third contest on key event describing. Thanks a lot to everyone who has responded to our call and taken part in the process of describing Volga-Dnepr’s significant events!
The first prize went to Sergey Kostin, Lead Expert IL-76 Fleet Modernization, VDA. He described the key event of “Seasonal air transportations onboard IL-76TD-90VD to Antarctica in 2015-2018”.
The second prize went to 2 employees of our company:
– Natalia Bashkirtseva, New Product Efficiency Assessment Analyst, VDTM. She described the key event of “Establishing the licensed Aviation Training Center certified in compliance with EASA PART-147 and Russian FАR-289”;
– Yulia Bakanova, Documentation Management Specialist, VDTM. She described the key event of “Set of operations aimed at restoration of Transaero’s non-airworthy aircraft in Vnukovo and Domodedovo airports”.
The third prize went to Svetlana Gainutdinova, Lead Specialist Organizational Modelling, ABC. She described the key event of “Obtaining an IOSA operator status by AirBridgeCargo (passing IATA audit and obtaining IOSA certificate)”.
All these and other described key events are already available in the Unified Knowledge Information System: https://km.volga-dnepr.com
Read about unique cargo operations, establishment of divisions, set up of new flights, launch of projects and about many other things!
The winners share their impressions:
Sergey Kostin, Lead Expert IL-76 Fleet Modernization, VDA:
– It is much easier and more interesting, when you describe an event you take part in. I was lucky to participate in all stages of flight tests on the aerodromes of Ulyanovsk-Vostochny Airport and Novolazarevskaya Arctic station, meet active people full of ideas of mastering something new, pioneers and professionals. They are pilots and testing specialists from IL PJSC, ASC State Research Institute of Civil Aviation, American, Japanese, Italian, French, Indian, South African and many other polar explorers who we met in Novolazarevskaya Station. I remember an old American man and his Russian wife, who has walked all the way around the North and South Poles. He went to the North Pole on Soviet and Russian ice breakers, and to the South Pole – on Russian aircraft, including Volga-Dnepr’s IL-76TD-90VD. The camera crew of Japanese state television has also been to our aircraft and recorded a news report on diving in Antarctic lakes. Our crew representing VDA accepted gratitude for comfort and quality of 6 hour flight across the ocean. And being met by Russian bearded polar explorers, who have not seen people during almost a year of Antarctic winter is only a tiny fraction of impressions.
I really like an idea of the key event historical description. Now we are only at the beginning of Volga-Dnepr Group’s development path, but we are writing the present-day history. This process should involve all new participants personally affected by an event taking place in the company or considering this event important. And, of course, maximum availability of obtaining new knowledge contributes to cultivating caring people.
Natalia Bashkirtseva, New Product Efficiency Assessment Analyst, VDTM:
– Although VDTM is a young company, we also have enough experience to share. That’s why I initiated development of VDTM’s key event list and started the description of such events. I’d like to thank all my co-workers for their help and am looking forward to our further cooperation!
I described the key event of “Establishing the licensed (by the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation) Aviation Training Center certified in compliance with EASA PART-147 and Russian FАR-289” because several years ago I took part in this event as VDTM Portfolio Administrator.
Svetlana Gainutdinova, Lead Specialist Organizational Modelling, ABC:
– It is great that there is an algorithm (structure) for key event description and this is not just a free composition. It makes it easier for an employee to start description. I advantaged from the knowledge of the event because I personally took part in the preparation for the first IOSA audit. The experts – Roman Drovyannikov, Viktor Plotnikov, Alexey Burmistrov – made a great contribution. Their reminiscences, knowledge and submitted materials were really helpful in the recollection and description of this key event.
Key event description is very important to the whole Group for several reasons: firstly, it is the story of the company’s life, and you need to know the history, all the more so for the employees of the company striving to become perpetual. Secondly, the key events available in the Unified Knowledge Information System will be helpful in finding solutions, when implementing similar projects in the future. And young employees will be able to rely on experts’ experience and knowledge.
I express my gratitude to Yulia Tolmatscheva and Eleonora Surina, the supervisors and managers, who provided an opportunity to take part in the project.
As for the prize, АВС’s flight geography is so vast that it is difficult to me to make a choice so far. I need more time to make up my mind!
What about you? Do you want to choose and go to any city of our route network, like our winners? Keep track of the latest news!