Not just a Contest!
A milestone event is “a remarkable benefit for the Customer both accomplished and being planned for the future operation”.
Do you know how to build a runway for An-124-100 in a tropical country? Or how many medicines can our Boeing transport in one go? Or how to construct a hangar in a desert for aircraft maintenance?
The winners of the contest on the company experience description know the answers. The contest was initiated within the CU strategic project “The aviation industry knowledge center teaming up best airfreight experts”.
We are grateful to all our colleagues who participated in the process of describing the company milestone events.
The first place was shared by two participants:
– Guli Valieva, corporate management specialist, VDM;
– Sergey Yermolenko, head of air navigation provisions department, VDA;
The second place – Eugene Venikov, flight support specialist, ABC;
The third place – Vladimir Ulyashin, head of line maintenance station, Ulyanovsk, VDTM.
As a reward all the contest winners can choose any destination of the company flight network and travel there on the company aircraft.
Here’s what the winners have to say!
– Collecting the company experience is definitely very important for both the company and its employees. It helps to take up any new project more efficiently. For example, when working on the project “Papua New Guinea” we drew on expertise and experience of the Colombian program (1996-1998). Both projects were about transporting oil and gas equipment, off loading one-piece cargo onto multi-axis trailers; in the first case we extended the runway in El Opal, whereas this time we had to build it from scratch in Como. Description of a milestone event develops, provides unforgettable impressions, opens a new horizon! Thank you for the chance to travel with the company flight. I’d use it with pleasure to go to the US and back.
– The contest has become the most memorable event. As the task was not only to describe experience on certifying medical transportation IATA CEIV, but also to gain confidence from our executives and colleagues – the project participants. Participation in the contest gives a chance to get new experience and understand how the company defines success! The more often the contest will be conducted, the more employees will address the company priceless experience, looking for a template to use. I am dreaming about flying to Antarctic on the company aircraft. I have never flown on cargo planes, have never been to Africa and Antarctica. It would be interesting to try the role of a polar researcher, to see the sixth continent from the sky. Another option is a flight on our new Boeing to Chicago, the most “American” megapolis in the USA.
– We have a lot of specialists who participated in the company milestone events. So, it is very important to fix and preserve their experience, learn the lessons before they are retired or leave the company for other reasons. I enjoy participating in the contest. It’s vital to continue with this important initiative.
– I described the process of establishing and developing VD Gulf. In some years somebody may describe VD Gulf operation in the new century. We shouldn’t forget our history!
And this is not the end of the story!
Do you know that experts from our company have found out dozens of events which affected the company development?
Colleagues in Moscow and Ulyanovsk gathered in minigroups to describe milestone events. Moderators managed to involve direct participants of the events, even those who’d already retired.
In October the minigroups gathered in Ulyanovsk described 11 events on transporting oversized cargo.
– The participants’ recollections of the events were so vibrant as if it had been yesterday! – shared Julia Tolmacheva, moderator and project department expert VDM.
The collected material will be placed into a common information system worked out within the “The aviation Industry knowledge center” project.
It’s just one of the contest stages that has finished for now.
Would you like as our winners to travel to the destination of your choice?
Any employee who wants to engage into the company experience description can join the project!
For the details contact Anastasia Martynova, deputy project manager, head of analytics department, VDM: firstname.lastname@example.org