Personnel Assessment, Training and Development Policy proceeds from the premise that ‘Volga-Dnepr’ is a labour organization, where every employee is conscious about his/her contribution to society represented by Customers, gains their recognition, is also in permanent cognitive process (learning, preserving, developing and sharing knowledge) and of benefit.
The goal of personnel assessment, training and development is to create a critical mass of executive managers and employees
- whose approach to labour – its comprehension, sharing and practical application – is of a permanent cognition, learning and development process;
- who realize their unique role in creating benefit for Customers.
- to foster a new generation of successors for realization of the company 2030 objectives;
- to provide conditions for the personnel to match their abilities and potential to positions in the company;
- to shape and develop knowledge, skills, competences and corporate culture essential for realization of the company strategic objectives;
- to provide for every employee favourable conditions and equal opportunities in training and development;
- to create the corporate knowledge base through integrating knowledge elicitation, recording and creation, converting it into intellectual assets;
- to transfer and share knowledge in all business areas for the personnel to work consciously and create benefit for in-house and external customers;
- to build up creative working environment in the company.
Essential guidelines on personnel assessment, training and development:
1. Creating benefit for Customers
- training, assessment and development is meant to accomplish vital business tasks;
- the right knowledge is delivered in the right amount at the right time to the right people;
- assessment results help managers make decisions re a certain employee or a team, plan their further employment, training and development.
- personnel promotion depends on the assessment and training results;
- teachers, mentors and field experts are honoured;
- personnel assessment, training and development is interconnected with other processes of the personnel management system (personnel recruitment, adaptation, motivation, long-range planning, movement)
3. Permanent cognition
- personnel training and development is career-long;
- to preserve corporate and professional knowledge, to propel personnel development and adaptation the company operates knowledge management system and mentorship;
- both corporate and world-recognized expertise is incorporated into the corporate educational programs;
- in-house training is in favour if nurtured by the company expertise.
4. Permanent development
- all assessment, training and development provisions are meant for realization of the company strategy;
- educational programs are worked out in the context of tomorrow’s needs and with regard to expected functional tendencies.
- employees and executive managers are peer teachers;
- every executive manager is a vivid example in part of personal ongoing learning and development;
- VD corporate university is in charge of training and assessment quality and organization, whereas executive managers and employees are responsible for efficient implementation of gained knowledge and mastered skills.
- training, assessment and development methods and tools are cost- and time-effective, though it doesn’t lower the requirements to the results of these procedures;
- only reliable and authentic methods are used for personnel assessment, training and development.
- studying process is organized on the principle of “70-20-10”, where 70% is on-the-job training, 20% is self-study, 10% is schooling (CU).